Rain's End
Just a little bit about my art and life in general....
______________________________________________

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pecking order...

Last evening my friend brought over 5 of her chickens and a little hen house as she can no longer keep them. We tried introducing my 3 chickens (a hen and two small bantams) to the little flock. My nice big hen turned into a mean aggressive chicken and pecked at the others so I had to remove her from the group. She slept alone. In the morning my little bantams had been pecked at a bit on their combs. But another rooster (rescued from a nearby chicken farm) had been hen-pecked by my friend's larger hens. I let them all out in the yard to relieve that poor rooster from its tormentors. I love chickens but I do hate this particular behavior in chickens (and people too). Sigh.

We are finishing up on our maple syrup and should be closing down the sugar shack and cleaning up for next year. We still have a lot of bottling to do though. This was a great year for syrup but too much work for me!

I sent out two cake toppers today and finished up this little bird I started yesterday.







These are the birds I finished last week ...


No comments: