Rain's End
Just a little bit about my art and life in general....
______________________________________________

Friday, October 3, 2008

Tree chickens ...

Yes, we were chickenless for nearly a month but shortly after my last post five chickens found their way to our home via some friends. They seemed to settle in nicely and enjoyed our little pen and chicken house. But one evening not a chicken was to be found. I searched the yard while my daughter hunted around the pen. After almost giving up we found them up in the trees surrounding the pen. Now its a regular event and I am determined to clip their wings soon when I can corral them and an assistant to help. I suppose because I hate doing it I am procrastinating a bit on this chore.



The girls have all adjusted well to school. Highschool is no longer a scary place and second grade and middle school is just fine too. My youngest is "composing" a Halloween song on the piano and has devoted hours of time doing this project. Of course we are the hostage audience to hear this song repeated note by slow note as the song is added to measure by measure. I do love her enthusiam though!

In my shop I am working oh so hard on my custom work and am just getting around to listing all my hand built pottery and chickens that I made earlier this last summer. I am taking a class on wheel work which I have only limited experience on so I am really overloading my time now. I will be working late into the evenings I imagine.
I do want to share a few photos of my latest birds too...




4 comments:

tatsuko said...

Your birds are adorable!!! And this is the first time I've seen chickens sitting in a tree - great shot!

Very sorry about your friend; positivity to you and their family :)

Unknown said...

Fabulous! They are as cute as can be.

missknits said...

awww your birds are so sweet!

Stela said...

I love your birds! I came across your shop one day and fell in love with them! When I get married they are totally being my wedding cake toppers!!
love your work