Rain's End
Just a little bit about my art and life in general....
______________________________________________

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ahoy thar mateys!

Shiver me timbers!...and all that Yo Ho Ho!

I did finally finish my little pirate set of birds. I know its completely silly and fun but I have been wanting to do this since I started making these little birds. My daughters are completely in love with them as expected - pirates being a big hit around here.

Making these little things brings me back to the days as child when my sister and I spent hours making doll house furniture out of balsa wood for our little wood cigar box house. Carving with our exacto knives, a little glue, and fabric occupied hours of our free time. I just loved dreaming up things for that little house so its no wonder I had so much fun doing this little themed set. Of course I am a little more skilled than those days -- where did that come from? My daughter is always asking me how I sew such neat little stitches when hers are big and crooked -- the only thing I can tell her is practice. And I can picture myself at that age with the same frustration!

So here is a photo of the listing in my shop



Anyway I will leave you with this tune:

Fifteen men on the dead man’s chest — Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

5 comments:

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

This is very cute, but I just "favorite-ed" your little ceramic apple. I have a thing for apples! :) The blue birds are equally wonderful.

artangel said...

These are so sweet - made me smile :)

Elise of Argyle Whale said...

This is the greatest! I still love our weddin' birds though.

Popsicles & Lollipops said...

Blimey! What a cute beaked buccaneer and mate you have created!! So very sweet! Fair Winds! Or shall I say Fair Wings? :-)
Godspeed,
Karen

Rain's End said...

Thank you, I'm glad they make everyone smile a bit!