Rain's End
Just a little bit about my art and life in general....
______________________________________________

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Tic Tac Toe

My daughter's head injury in the bathtub took a turn for the worse (headache and vomiting) and I was off to the emergency room with her at 8pm. She was terrified to go the the ER and screamed and yelled threats at me -- "I won't be your daughter anymore if you make me go!" But eventually we made it there. I was exhausted from my cold and I hate when my kids get hurt. It was a busy night and we waited forever. We brought a bag of library books and I read to her. When we finally were shown a room we played tic tac toe for hours. She loved winning and was so proud. I love her smiles so much! After a CT scan of her head we were told she had a concussion and that we could go home. It was 1am before we pulled in the driveway. I kept her home today with me so she could get more sleep and I could keep an eye on her.

I finished up the detail work on this pair of wedding birds today. The groom is an Orioles fan and the fall colors are so beautiful.

1 comment:

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

That must have been a realllly long day for you - I'm so sorry you both had to go through it. But I AM glad it was only a concussion :) Hope today is brighter!