Rain's End
Just a little bit about my art and life in general....
______________________________________________

Sunday, September 2, 2007

A nice day for a hike

We are meeting up with my sister's family to hike Mt. Kearsarge this morning. It should be a fun hike and the day is nice and cool. We are bringing some cucumber sandwiches and snacks to eat at the summit. Now if I can just get everyone out the door ... including me ;)

These are two more sets of wedding birds that I finished and sent off last week.







.... We had a lovely day hiking. The young kids pretty much ran up the mountain on a very steep rocky trail. We brought along our younger dog and my sister brought theirs too. What fun those dogs had as they wrestled and tumbled up and down and up and down and up and down the mountain. Overall they probably traveled the equivalent of several mountain climbs. And they never seemed to tire at all. I with my knee and recent ankle sprain and my oldest daughter with her ankle sprain were a little slower going up. The view from the top was breathtaking and so clear. We enjoyed the panoramic view of all the other mountains surrounding us. The trail we took down the mountain was considerably easier than the trail up.

Late afternoon we drove to my brother in laws parents house to enjoy their new in ground pool. It was heated so the kids were in heaven. They didn't want to come out of the pool. We left for home when it got dark at 8pm and even then we had to drag the kids out. The young kids were making a lot of progress in their swimming too!

No comments: