Just a little bit about my art and life in general....

Wednesday, June 20, 2007


We had a lovely father's day here. The girls and I worked on breakfast in bed for dad. We made Swedish pancakes (crepes with confectioners sugar sprinkled on and rolled), espresso, a slice of grapefruit, and a dessert dish of rhubarb pudding and whipped cream. The girls picked flowers and drew up cards.

On Monday we took a trip with the Middle school band to an amusement park for the day. I had volunteered as a chaperon and brought my younger two along this year. My youngest got sick on the bus ride and I thought we had made it to the park without incident. But as we were waiting for the tickets... well I will say no more. This wasn't exactly how I was planning to start the fun at the park. But we did manage to improve upon the day once the girls enjoyed a few rides. At the end of the day I was completely exhausted and climbed into bed early. The weather was perfect but being out in the sun all day usually does me in.

Tuesday was basically a day to relax a bit. My oldest seemed to suffer "friend" withdrawal. I struggled to get her off the computer and she finally sat down to enjoy a book in the later afternoon. The younger two worked for hours on a mysterious project. That evening we were treated to a puppet show of "Cinderella". They made the puppets out of paper and Popsicle sticks. They even made up a detailed script of who would say what. We enjoyed this and asked for an encore (for tonight) so we can video tape it.

My day was basically busy doing a few little odds and ends. I moved my indoor ivy outside. This plant has strands that are probably about 15 feet long now so this was no easy task. The strands do get tangled and the leaves seem to want to hook together. This year I put it on my porch and attached the strands to run along the ceiling around the porch edges. It looks quite pretty.

I also began more work on a two more of my larger hens. They are so cute once I finish them. I will finish a few of the chicks today if I can.

My friend dropped off a HUGE load of wool this weekend for washing. I decided to do the preliminary washing outside in a plastic bin. This was a good idea because the wool was so dirty. I took one load up in the evening for a wash in my machine with hot water but ended up with a rash on my cheeks. Either I am more allergic to the hay or these sheep have been in poison ivy. In either case I am going to have to take more precautions when washing. I have my drying rack outside with wool hung on it but the drizzly rain is not helping.

Well I'm off to work on the hen house. We have lost 3 hens recently to some unknown predator so I have to determine how they are getting in. It is an older building so it is easy for predators to force themselves in after a little work.

No comments: