Rain's End
Just a little bit about my art and life in general....
______________________________________________

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Nesting....

Our little zebra finch pair has laid a little egg. The girls are so thrilled about this too! With only one little egg in their nest the finches are not yet "sitting" on it. The girls are busy checking up on it asking all those important questions (when will it hatch?, how does it get food?, ....) I love watching their excitement.

I was also outside collecting nesting material. Using some bittersweet vine, grape vine curls, and even some gourd plant curls I made a little rough nest for my latest pair of birds (for a custom order). Shown is the sketch I did and the actual pair of birds. I haven't worked out the beak color yet.



No comments: